Monday, May 14, 2012

- quick recipe of the week -


We survived!! We are officially moved into our new house, and we are alive to tell about it! Matt and I have moved a handful of times since we've been together, and this one might have been the worst. We only moved 8 houses down the street, and I think that was the problem. You see, since we were moving so close, we thought it would be easy. We didn't pack up a lot of stuff because we thought we could just "throw things in the car". Big mistake! While it was really nice not to have tons of boxes to unpack once we finished moving, "throwing things into the car" stretched the move out into a week long process, rather than just moving all the boxes in one day. It was tiring, and stressful, but we survived!

This means I will finally have time to come back to the land of social media...and the blogging world will be my first stop! I haven't read anyone's blog in over a week, and I am so excited to catch up with everyone!

Until then, let me share a yummy, hearty, easy recipe. If you know me at all, you know how much I love crock pot recipes. The crock pot is my solution when I want our family to eat a home cooked, non processed meal without having the time to cook every night. There is nothing more amazing than coming home after a long day of work knowing that dinner is fully cooked and piping hot.

Like everyone else, I use the crock pot a lot less during the summer when it is hot outside, so this might be the last few weeks I get to try new crock pot recipes. I made this one a few weeks ago, and was surprisingly impressed!

Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan
adapted from original recipe by Siggy Spice

2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
1 tsp dried basil or oregano, or both
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 TBSP olive oil
1 egg, beaten
sliced or shredded mozzarella cheese
favorite jarred marinara sauce

Spread the olive oil into the bottom of your crock pot stoneware insert. Beat the egg with a fork in a separate bowl. Mix the bread crumbs with the seasonings and the Parmesan cheese in another separate dish. Dip the chicken into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating both sides with crumbs, cheese and seasonings. Place the chicken breast pieces in the bottom of the crock pot.
Layer 2-3 slices or 1-2 cups of mozzarella cheese on top, depending on how much cheese you like.Cover chicken and cheese with entire jar of marinara sauce.

Close lid and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Serve with your favorite pasta.

(Image credit Siggy Spice)


Printable Recipe


Yummy! It's so good! I promise!

7 comments:

Erin said...

Yay for being moved! We missed you, and this recipe looks divine. May just have to try it this week :)

Hope Mother's day treated you nicely!

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

getting settled in & organized is the best feeling. and i'm so glad the blogging world was your first stop. :)

Andrea {kerubo mama} said...

Yum! I must try this!

So glad you guys are done the moving process! What a relief for you! Can't wait to see you back in the blogging world again! xoxo

Carlie said...

I bet it's nice to be all moved in! Glad you all are getting settled in!

Melanie said...

SO glad you're back mama, & that you survived all the crazies! OMGoodness gracious... my sweet friend... your pic a day shots of OUT OF THIS WORLD AMAZING. (You know that AMAZING if my fav word & I use it way too much, BUT SO AMAZING) That little love muffin Ellie-bugs is BEYOND cute! You also know that though) Ug! (Good Ug) The chocolate face, twirling, daddy tickles, night time bike ride... were just a few of my favs! You mad mama camera skills blow me away! LOVE you sweet thing! XOXOX

Oh... btw, this recipe looks right up my alley! Yum!

Christine said...

Yay! Congrats on finally get moved! I'm looking forward to seeing some lovely pictures of your new place! :)

And a happy belated mother's day to you too! I hope you were able to take some time to relax while finishing up the big move!

Kristin said...

happy belated mothers day! and the chicken looks so good! <3


I have a giveaway on my blog if you would like to enter :D!

My Fashion Blog: Strawberriespls | Shop My Closet

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin