Tuesday, May 22, 2012

- ugh, i hate drama -


Does anyone out there work in a drama free office?? And if so...can I come work there please?? Ugh, work drama is the worst! I work for a very small company, and let's just say there is a LOT of daily drama that goes on. It makes my work days very, very long!

And if I'm being honest here, I kind of have a lot of drama filled friends in my personal life as well...I'm not going to lie and tell you that I never create any drama...I mean, I am a girl after all, and as much as we don't want to admit it, there is a certain amount of drama that just always comes along with being a girl and associating with other girls. But I do try to keep it to a minimum. Some people in my work life and my personal life though...woahhhh, high maintenance drama queens that are so easily offended and super self centered. It can get so tiring to deal with. And I feel like I end up stooping to their level, which I absolutely hate doing! I'm taking a pledge starting today to make it a point to surround myself with drama free, happy, positive people....

...and with that, I'm now done ranting about drama!

15 comments:

Nina said...

i am SO there with you. i made a decision a long time ago to disassociate myself with people who are intent and bringing me and others around them down with their drama. my circle of friends got a lot smaller, but it's SO much better! now if only i could do the same to my drama filled family members. unfortunately, they aren't going away any time soon :)

Elisha said...

hahahaha!! I love that picture. ;)

x.

Kira said...

Every place I have worked in my life has had drama for one reason or another. I think it's pretty typical, and sometimes, it's entertaining :)

Erin said...

My old office was FULL of drama and I don't miss it one bit! So far, the new office is pretty low on drama and it seems they strive to keep it that way, thankfully! I just don't understand why some people actually like the drama!

Melanie said...

Oh sista... I feel for ya mama! Ug! Girls can be so silly A LOT of the times ey? I guess we all have our moments, but geesh... come on right?!

Lol... I "work" w/ quite the drama KING! He's 3 & his name is Jax. High maintenance to a T. Lol)

No. He's pretty easy peezy like his mama! Daddy's the drama king! Lol)

Cropped Stories said...

Yeah I like my life fairly drama-free! Sometimes it's not always possible though! I seriously hate drama! I'm sorry you have to go through it; I think a lot of offices have this! Love the quote you attached - too funny!

Christine said...

I remember being in high school and thinking about how awesome it would be to graduate and leave all the drama queens behind me. then I went to college and somehow drama queens were there too! and then I graduated and discovered they exist out in the 'real world' too. At that point I realized the sad truth: those high school drama queens grow up too (you mean they don't just stay in high school forever??). gosh darn. Good for you though, making an intentional decision to keep out of it!

Carlie said...

OH I totally had work drama a few weeks ago...it sucks! I think work is the hardest because you don't want to say anything and risk getting fired. Maybe we should start a blogging friends work place? haha

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Amen and amen!

Kate said...

I hate drama as well, Ugh!
That really sucks that you have to deal with that but, your idea is great! Surrounding yourself with happy people will always make you happy! <3

The story of a girl

Courtney B said...

I'm pretty lucky to work at a salon with very minimal drama but when the fit hits the shin? I don't know how to handle it!! Maybe it's because I don't have any sisters so I never grew up with drama? But I try to stay as far away from that as possible!
And when Eric's sisters are feuding they try to get me to take sides and it stresses me out! I just avoid them both until they fix it, ha ha!

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Ugh. Work drama is the worst! Drives me crazy! I try not to pay attention...but sometimes it's difficult!

Diane Writes said...

Cute picture! That's the spirit Kyna, stay positive :)

Tiffany @ Blabbering Thoughts said...

Gosh I love you lol

Jenn @ What You Make It said...

Found this post writing my own post about drama : ) I'm glad I'm not the only one! Thanks for writing this!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin