Tuesday, January 15, 2013
- a little of this, a little of that -
Okay, okay...I feel like I have said this a million times in the past 6 months, but once again...I have just been ridiculously busy, and this blog has unfortunately been put on the back burner. So here's a little catch up post for ya!
- My birthday is coming up soon...that's not the exciting part...the exciting part is that I truly thought I was turning a year older than I really am! When I finally realized this weekend, that I have been aging myself by one extra year, it was like Christmas all over again! ha ha! Kind of like when you wake up on Sunday, thinking it's Monday...and when you realize it's only Sunday it's the BEST feeling in the world, right?
- The sleep situation has not improved at all around our house. Nope, not at all! I guess at this point, we just have to accept it, and wait it out (hmmm, isn't that what we've been doing for the past 8+ months?) We even brought a mattress into our room to let her sleep with us...yeah, she wants none of it. She absolutely REFUSES to sleep in our room. What toddler refuses to even sleep with mom and dad? Follow up post to come on this topic (even though I'm sure you guys are all tired of hearing about it) because I'm at my wits end, and I need to vent, to just get it all out...again.
- I'm dying to re-finish a piece of furniture...weird, I know, but I have read so many blog posts recently about refinishing old furniture purchased on Craigslist. Specifically with DIY chalk paint. I guess step one would be to figure out what I want, and where in the house I would put it. And step two would be to convince my hubby it's a good idea to support this idea!
- We finally picked a preschool to put Ellie in next school year. This is big for her...she's never been in daycare of any type. I already know I am probably going to bawl like a baby the first week of school...seriously, I'm anxious about it already, and we aren't bringing her until September! I'll try to write up a blog post on how we finally settled on the school we did (if anyone is even interested!)
- I have seasonal allergies...but I feel like they are in reverse. Most people get them in spring, or even summer. Not mine...nope...mine flair up in winter! They are killing me!!
- So after reading all the blog reviews about Diet-to-Go recently, I think we're going to take the plunge and give it a try. Not that Matt and I are trying to lose weight, but we definitely want to start eating healthier. And the meals are perfectly proportioned and are made with all fresh, gourmet ingredients. And, it will also kill two birds with one stone...because we have been talking about trying to get Ellie to bed earlier to see if it will help her sleep problems. But honestly, with Matt and I getting home every night between 6 and 6:30 p.m., and then we have to cook dinner, give her a bath (if it's bath night), spend time with her, and then start the bedtime routine, we find it very, very hard to get her to bed earlier than we currently do. The problem is, bath time is not something that can be cut out, and I absolutely won't give up spending a little bit of time with her. With Matt and I gone all day long, every minute that we can spend with her in the evening is so important to us. The bedtime routine is, of course, mandatory, so cooking dinner is the only thing at this point that we can cut out. By getting food delivered, I won't have to cook, and maybe this will help get her to bed at least 1/2 hour earlier each night. We decided to at least give Diet-to-Go try, because they are having an introductory special offer. I know it will end up being more expensive than me cooking dinner each night, but if getting Ellie to bed earlier helps her sleep...then maybe, just maybe it's worth it?? It's not that we can't afford it, it's just a matter of, is that what we should/want to be spending our money on. I'll be sure to update you and let you know how our trial food is, and if we decide to continue!
It's time for me to fold some laundry while watching some mindless episodes of Big Bang Theory (love that show, hate doing laundry!) And because no post of mine is complete without a picture, here's one for you to enjoy. Shocking that it's a picture of Ellie, right? ha ha!