Friday, October 7, 2011

- dreaming of a vacation -

I'm dreaming of spending a week here...

Matt and I used to travel all the time...all over the world. We absolutely love traveling, and we always swore we would continue traveling even after having kids. I would love to book a vacation for the three of us very soon. (God knows we need a vacation!) And I know financially we definitely could swing it. But then, I second guess myself...are we being stupid spending that much money on a week long vacation? Should that money go into savings instead? It was much easier to say "let's go for it" when we were younger and didn't have as many responsibilities.

But now, I'm torn...

A part of me says "Just do it!"  Life is about experiencing things, and enjoying things. We have the money, so why not? Ellie would love the trip, and she really is a good toddler to travel with. It definitely would not be a nightmare to bring her along. But then a part of me says we should be smart...save our money...sock it away for the future.

What to do, what to do?? Oh, it's so tempting!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doo it! Life is short. Memories last forever.

Amy said...

Life is definitely too short! Do it! Ellie will only be this age once, so I say go for it. You'll love the memories that you'll make, not to mention it's just nice to get away.

Elana said...

I don't think anyone ever regrets taking too many vacations in life. Just book it and have something great to look forward to!

Kerry said...

Go!!!! If I could I would :)

Nina said...

split the difference. go on a trip but on spend half as much as you originally planned. go on a cruise in january or somewhere local. haha, i'm laughing at myself though because i think if it was me and we had the money i'd totally just SPLURGE!!

Anonymous said...

Make beautiful memories for yourself, Matt and Ellie. I am throwing in my vote with the others.

Hello, catching up to your posts. Thank you for stopping by with kind words of concern.

Ashley said...

A vacation sounds wonderful right now. I'd say go for it, if you've got the money do it. You only live once! If it was me I'd go and then just budget when I get back.

Sonya Marie said...

If you can go - GO. You won't regret introducing her to new cultures as much as you can.

Vivian said...

DO IT! This is coming from someone who never stopped traveling even after kids. It's who I was ,it's who I married and what makes US happy. You teach your children since young that there is much more to the world than what they see every day and that it is fascinating. That is how they grow as open minded and smart individuals. You don't need to be rich to be able to travel (even overseas), there are many resources available out there to be able to get things for a lower price. Where do you exactly want to go? Depending where I could give you a few pointers? :) DO IT! You won't regret it! I rather be culturally rich than house/car rich :)

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin