Monday, July 2, 2012

- quick recipe of the week -


I hope everyone had a great weekend! Although it's Monday, I only have a one day work week...we are leaving on our annual 4th of July trip to the lake, and I can not wait! Rest, relaxation, and fun! I plan on doing absolutely nothing except lounging on a floaty all day with a drink in my hand, and a happy husband and toddler enjoying the lake! Just what the Dr. ordered huh?

Today I am so excited for you to meet Michelle, from You're my favorite today. Michelle is seriously a breath of fresh air in the blogging world! She's hilarious...and real! It's always so nice to read her posts! Michelle is a wife and momma to 2 girls (whom she lovingly refers to as "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" on her blog). She loves her family with everything she has and takes such good care of all three of them. Her favorite thing to do is spending time and making memories at her happy place. And who could blame her? It looks like a marvelous and so family orientated!

(Image credit Michelle)

Today she is sharing one of her and her hubby's favorite recipes! Enjoy!

Bruschetta Chicken
4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup KRAFT Sun Dried Tomato dressing, divided
1 small carton of grape tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup fresh basil or 1 tsp dried basil leaves

Marinate chicken breasts in 1/4 of cup dressing for about 30 minutes. Broil chicken for about 20 minutes. While chicken is broiling, cut tomatoes and mix with basil and cheese and the other 1/4 cup dressing. After about 20 minutes, take chicken out and top with tomato mixture. Continue cooking an additional 8-10 minutes.

(Image credit Michelle)
(Image credit Michelle)

Thank you Michelle! That recipe look so easy and tasty. Definitely a weekday must do! Make sure you go over to Michelle's blog. You will love her witty, funny and "real" writing style. She's just plain awesome! Simple as that! As for me, I am off to pack up our car and hit the road for a little bit of family fun! I may or may not post from the lake...(okay, who am I kidding? Writing a blog post is probably one of the last things I'll be doing when I'm up there). But don't worry, I'll be back before you know it!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Looks amazing. :)

Sally said...

Yep, Michelle is pretty funny... and this chicken looks delicious. I might have to try this recipe!

Blush Mamas said...

Holy yumminess! I started a basil garden box this year so I'm always looking for basil recipes. I'm definitely making this ASAP!

Melanie said...

Super yummy in my tummy! Can you tell I basically only hang w/ a toddler all day long? lol) This looks fantastic! LOVE Bruschetta.

OMGOSH. I am so excited for you much needed vacay mama. You SO need to have a drink in your hand.. maybe a "red solo cup"... out on the "pontoon"... Hubs can get "drunk on you".... then I'll write you a "postcard from Paris?" BAhahaa... I'll stop now. YOU know I could go on & on. that was pretty fun! Hahaa, I amuse myself... I really need to get out more?

LOVE you BBF. have a freakn blast of a 4th mamas. xo

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Mmhmm sounds tasty!

Miranda said...

looks so delicious! i love monday's when i can see what yummy recipe you will have up! :)

Anonymous said...

nice post.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin