Tuesday, September 13, 2011

- exhausted -

I'm exhausted...just physically and mentally exhausted right now. Work is crazy right now. My to do list on my desk is seriously out of control and so overwhelming. And then when I get home, I immediately have to switch into "mommy mode" and start Ellie's evening routine. And I have to find time to cook dinner. Oh, and laundry, let's not forget about the laundry that never goes away...and dinner dishes, and maybe picking up the house a little, or finishing work I didn't get done during the day. And the whole time I am doing all of this, my brain is going 100 mph thinking of everything else I need to be doing. I am finding it so hard to just stop and catch my breath during the week.

Lately, by the time Ellie goes to bed, I haven't even had the time or energy to have a little "me time" to do the things I enjoy doing, let alone spending any time with the hubby. Last night I crawled into bed at 8:15! I'm seriously exhausted!

I could really use a recharge right now, but until then, I'll just keep plugging along and hopefully I'll find some extra energy somewhere! And when I do, I have a huge list of blog posts to finish and post for all of you lovelies! Stay tuned...


15 comments:

Genevieve said...

I am sorry you are so exhausted right now. I have been feeling the same lately and have been in kind of a funk, so you are not alone!! Hoping it gets better! xoxo

Genevieve said...

Oh and I owe you an email, doing that right now!

Carrie said...

i know the feeling. i just read this amazing book called 168 hours that is making my brain tingle about how i think about how i spend my time. if you can find the time to read it, it's worth it :)

Anonymous said...

Keep your head up girl. Here's to hoping that your days ease up for ya a bit ;)

Nina said...

i completely know how you are feeling!! i'm single mom-ing it (thanks to med school -- I HATE MED SCHOOL!) and on top of everything else i'm just on the verge of going NUTS! i have to keep telling myself it WILL get easier but WOW sometimes it's hard to see that.

Melanie said...

Hang in there my sweet friend! I give you such major props mama... I get overwhelmed w/ just being a SAHM. I hope you get to slow down here soon. You rock girl!

Diana said...

Oh, I thought I was alone!

Hang in there, we'll make it through somehow!!

Sonya Marie said...

I'm with you!!!!! xoxo

Courtney K. said...

I would LOVE to fall into bed at 8:15. But by the time I get everything done for everyone else, I can't stand to fall into bed without a little time to unwind. Which means that I usually end up collapsing around midnight. If you figure out how to manage it all, do share.

Anonymous said...

Hugs Hun x x x x

oomph. said...

hang in there! i think we all feel the same at some point. there are nights that i fall asleep putting the kids to sleep. one night i even fell asleep before them...woke up the next morning wondering who put them to be, lol! good thing about them being in school is that they are tired and go to sleep earlier...leaving a little more time for me!

[oomph.]
Blogaversary Giveaway

kriznizzel said...

I hear you, I feel like this a lot. Some days are harder than others hope your feeling more caught up soon

Katherines Corner said...

Hangs in there. Remember to take a moment in between the chaos to breathe and think of the happy things in your life. Hugs P.S>I'm having my very first blog hop today Please stop by and link up your lovely blog.

Style, Decor & More said...

It does get easier as the kids get older. Right now they demand a lot of time. Try not to let the piled up laundry and household chores get to you. I know it's not easy, but sometimes you have to let it go. Do ask for help.

Southhamsdarling said...

It's not easy, is it, working and being a mum. My youngest daughter has got a little boy of just 3 and a little girl of 20 months, and I honestly don't know how she copes sometimes! BUT, the good news is, it WILL get easier in time. Just try to hang on in there! I've just noticed that you have become my latest Follower, so thank you so much for that! I look forward to getting to know youl.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin