Monday, December 5, 2011

- quick recipe of the week -

Can you believe it is already December? (I know, I'm 5 days behind on that one, but holy cow, it's December!) Can you also believe that Target has put out their bathing suits already?? Seriously? Um, it's December! And FREEZING! Who can think about bathing suits right now (...although, I do have a tropical vacation coming up in January...hmmm, maybe Target isn't that crazy after all!)

We had a wonderful weekend celebrating my nephew's 2nd birthday...and, I just found out I am going to be an aunt again! My sister is pregnant with #2!

But now, back to the grind...I have an extremely busy week ahead of me at work, so if I am MIA this week, don't worry, I'll be back soon!

Now, let's get onto our normal Monday routine around here...meet Becky from Mrs. to Mama. I just recently found Becky's blog, and I instantly fell in love with her great blogging content. I knew I just had to contact her right away to ask her to share a recipe with my readers! I have no idea how Becky has time to keep up with such a great blog with a (super cute) toddler running around, and a full time job! I need to learn some time management skills from her..ha ha! I promised myself I would make a valiant effort to spend more time beefing up my blog after checking hers out! It has definitely become a daily read for me! I just know you'll love her, so definitely stop by her blog to say hello.

(Image credit Becky)


Becky is sharing with us one of her family's favorite go-to salmon recipe. They love salmon in their household, and when she stumbled across this recipe on allrecipes.com they were hooked. The best part about it? It's super easy, quick, doesn't require too many ingredients, and a busy momma can whip this up while chasing a busy toddler around the house!

Baked Salmon
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 tablespoons light olive oil
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 Tbs lemon juice
1 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
2 (6 ounce) fillets salmon

In a medium glass bowl, prepare marinade by mixing garlic, light olive oil, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley. Place salmon fillets in a medium glass baking dish and cover with marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator about 1 hour, turning occasionally. Preheat oven to 375 degrees (190 degrees C). Place fillets in aluminum foil, cover with marinade, and seal. Place sealed salmon in the glass dish and bake 35-45 minutes, until easily flakes with a fork.

(Image credit Becky)


Thank you so much Becky! We are huge fans of salmon in our house as well, so I will definitely be adding this easy recipe to my repertoire of dinners.




3 comments:

Melanie said...

YUMMMMM. YUM! I have been folowing Becky for a while, & think she is awesome! We love salmon at our house, & should have it more often. This is a fabulous recipe, & a great reason for salmon!

Congrats on being a auntie again Miss Kyna! Awww... Your sisters kiddos & your little Ellie will have a blast growing up tohether!

Amy Nielson said...

YUM! sounds amazing.

Ashley said...

I'm definitely going to try this recipe.. it looks so good! I love me some yummy salmon!! I'm doing a giveaway on my blog, I'd love for you to stop by and check it out ! :)

Ashley

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin