Monday, December 19, 2011

- quick recipe of the week -

Okay everyone, it's December 19, which means it's the last day for Cans for Comments. At last count, I was at 59 cans, but I know we can do better than that! Keep the comments coming today please. Come on...let's get some more cans added to that total!

Today I am featuring another real life friend of mine! (see, I do have some real life friends! ha ha). For those of you who have been reading my blog for awhile, you already know my dear friend, Lisa. She is everything a friend should be and more! I am so lucky to have her in my life! And it doesn't hurt that she also has an adorable boy, and a sweet hubby as well. Lisa is a wonderful mom, a great wife, and a fabulous friend!


Unfortunately, Lisa doesn't write a blog (come on Lisa, jump on the blogging bandwagon!), so I don't have a new blog to share with you, but I do have a yummy recipe! She made this dish for for us, and it was the PERFECT football Sunday food!

Crock Pot Lasagna
1 lb fully cooked ground beef (or ground turkey)
1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce
3/4 cup water
1/2 box uncooked lasagna noodles
16 oz ricotta cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1 egg, beaten
Italian seasoning to taste
Fresh baby spinach

Brown your meat and add the marinara sauce and the water. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes. In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, egg, and Italian seasoning and mix well.

In the crock pot, lay down uncooked noodles (break if necessary to fit in the crock pot). Then add a layer of the cheese mix, a layer of spinach, and then a layer of the meat sauce. Continue with these layers until you have reached the top of the crock pot. Sprinkle some more mozzarella cheese on top. Cook on low 4-5 hours or until the noodles are soft and cooked thoroughly.

(Image credit Lisa)
(This is a picture before it was cooked...it looks MUCH better once it's been cooked! ha ha!)




This is seriously the easiest way to make lasagna, and it tastes just as good as oven-made lasagna. You could definitely add different veggies to this recipe as well. I made this the other day and it was delicious! We had a lot of left overs too, which is always a good thing.

Thank you so much Lisa! This is definitely a tasty recipe...(and thanks for being such an awesome person in my life!)



6 comments:

Unknown said...

I made this not that long ago!

I also found out from complete lack of a working stove that you do not need to brown the meet first.

Pamela said...

Ohh I made lasagna in the crockpot a few weeks ago too!! My husband loved it! :)

Tori Baldridge said...

YUMMY!!!

Melanie said...

OMGosh. Crock Pot Lasagna, I am in heaven. I'm all about anything you can make in a crockpot, Lisa rocks!

So trying this VERY soon!

Xoxo, Mel

Mrs. Pancakes said...

I'm always trying to recruit new bloggers too! Recipe looks yummy!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

crock pot bag! gosh I need to get my hands on one of those!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin